Last week, I tried to make granola myself for the very first time and it was so easy and so delicious that I will show you how I did it in this post!
What you will need
- Oats (I also used quinoa pops)
- Seeds: you can use any seeds you want (I used chia seeds, linseeds, sesame seeds and sunflower seeds)
- Dried fruit: cranberries, raisins, dates, etc.
- Spices: Cinnamon, cardamom, cocoa powder
- Sweetener: Honey, agave syrup, etc.
For your home-made granola you can literally mix everything you want together. You could also cut some apples or bananas in slices, you can throw some chocolate chips into the mix… The ingredients are totally up to you and your preferences.
What to do
- Preheat the oven (150°C).
- Mix the ingredients in a bowl.
- Put the mix on a sheet.
- Put the sheet in the oven and let it bake for about 20-30 minutes.
- Take it out and let it cool down.
It’s incredibly easy to do, doesn’ttake much time and your kitchen will smell amazing afterwards.
Try it out, it’s not only healthy because it doesn’t have the extra sugars and oils like the granola you get at the grocery store, plus it’s based on your favourite ingredients. Trust me, you will love this after trying it for the first time!
Much love, Chris